Senior Scientist (Stem Cell/Cardiac Biology)
The Senior Scientist’s main duties will be to conduct and drive scientific R&D in one or more of the following areas: pluripotent stem cells, cardiac differentiation, cardiac tissue engineering, cardiac toxicity testing. Working as a member of an integrated, multidisciplinary team, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate broad knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories related to the use of iPSC-derived cells, and use professional concepts to adapt/optimize differentiation protocols, toxicity assays, and cell characterization studies to our platforms. Working with the CSO and CRDO, the selected candidate will also oversee experimental studies, data review and analysis, study progress, and report generation for our clients. The Senior Scientist is also expected to contribute to publications and external presentations, and answer questions from clients regarding our various scientific platforms. This position will be working at our Hong Kong facility.
Qualifications and requirements:
Ph.D. degree in the field of biomedical sciences discipline related to pluripotent stem cells, with 5 years or more of relevant hands on experience in the establishment, maintenance and differentiation of pluripotent stem cells (preferably human iPSCs).
- Experience with iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes is a must
- Direct experience of the design, development, optimization and execution of applying iPSC-derived cardiomyocyte assays for target validation, drug discovery and screening is preferred
- Experience with the analysis and statistics relevant to in vitro screens is preferred
- Ability to grow cells at a large scale is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create written experimental plans
- Ability to keep current with relevant scientific literature
- Attention to detail and strong laboratory record keeping is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English in oral and written formats
- Possesses the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
What Novoheart offers:
- Innovative and dynamic corporate culture
- Competitive starting salary and benefits package, including annual leave, medical and dental benefits, and stock options
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
To apply, please email (email@example.com) your CV and covering letter explaining why you want to work for Novoheart.